Are you looking for the best Virtual Machine Software, and are tired of searching for them? If yes, then don’t worry because you have ended up in the right place. This article will give you a list of such best Virtual Machine Software, and will also answer some of the most common questions about it.
What is a Virtual Machine?
- 0.1 What is a Virtual Machine?
- 0.2 What are the advantages of Virtual Machine?
- 0.3 What is Hypervisoris?
- 1 So, Here is the list of Best Virtual Machine Software :
- 2 1.VMware Workstation Player
- 3 Features:
- 4 2. VirtualBox
- 5 Features:
- 6 3.Kernel Virtual Machine
- 7 4.Hyper-V
- 8 Features:
- 9 5.QEMU
- 10 Features:
- 11 6.Parallels
- 12 Features:
- 13 7.Virtualization Manager
- 14 Features:
- 15 8.Boot Camp
- 16 Features:
A virtual machine (VM) is a virtual environment that works like a computer within a computer. It runs on an isolated partition of its host computer with its own resources of CPU power, memory, an operating system (e.g. Windows, Linux, macOS), and other resources.
What are the advantages of Virtual Machine?
VMs have several advantages:
1.They allow multiple operating systems (OS) environments to exist simultaneously on the same machine.
2.They empower users to go beyond the limitations of hardware to achieve their end goals.
3.Using VMs ensures application provisioning, better availability, easy maintenance and recovery.
What is Hypervisoris?
The hypervisoris essential to virtualization—it’s a thin software layer that allows multiple operating systems to run alongside each other and share the same physical computing resources. These operating systems come as the aforementioned virtual machines (VMs)—virtual representations of a physical computer—and the hypervisor assigns each VM its own portion of the underlying computing power, memory, and storage. This prevents the VMs from interfering with each other.
So, Here is the list of Best Virtual Machine Software :
1.VMware Workstation Player
VMware Workstation Player is a streamlined desktop virtualization application that runs on multiple operating systems on the same computer without rebooting.
These are the following features of VMware Workstation Player
- It supports operation alongside Hyper-V, WSL2, Device Guard, and Credential Guard features of Windows 10.
- The enhanced 3D graphics support for DirectX 11 and up to 8GB of GPU Memory.
- It allows choosing from hundreds of support Guest and Host OSs.
- It runs restricted virtual machines created by Workstation Pro or Fusion Pro.
- It offers to build, push, pull and run OCI Container Images with the new vctl CLI.
- The paid license version allows to use it for commercial purpose.
To download VMware Workstation Player, click here.
VirtualBox is an open-source hypervisor for x86 computers for both enterprise and home that runs on Windows, Linux, BSD, and others.
These are the following features of VirtualBox.
- It supports a large number of guest operating systems.
- It is the only professional solution that is freely available as Open Source Software under the terms of the GNU General Public License (GPL) version 2.
- It provides the flexibility to run any application on the PC.
- It offers a high-performance product for enterprise customers.
Note: It supports the following platforms: Linux, Mac, Windows, Solaris, and OpenSolaris.
To download VirtualBox, click here.
3.Kernel Virtual Machine
Kernel Virtual Machine is short for KVM. Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) is a virtualization module in the Linux kernel that allows the kernel to function as a hypervisor. It was merged into the mainline Linux kernel in version 2.6.20, which was released on February 5, 2007.
These are the following features of Kernel Virtual Machine
- It consists of a loadable kernel module, KVM.ko, that provides the core virtualization infrastructure and a processor-specific module, KVM-intel.ko or KVM-AMD.ko.
- It allows running multiple virtual machines running unmodified Linux or Windows images.
- Each virtual machine has private virtualized hardware.
- It is open-source software that helps to do scheduling and resource control.
- It offers lower latency and higher prioritization.
To download Kernel Virtual Machine, click here.
Hyper-V is a hypervisor designed to create virtual machines on x86-64 systems. It can be configured to expose individual virtual machines to one or more networks.
These are the following features of Hyper-V.
- It is very easy to create and remove different operating systems.
- It supports a cloud-based platform.
- It allows running multiple virtual machines on a single desktop or laptop.
- It allows doing hardware virtualization.
- It supports many different operating systems in a virtual machine including various releases of Linux, FreeBSD, and Windows.
To download Hyper-V, click here.
QEMU stands for Quick Emulator and is written in C language. It is a generic and open source machine emulator and virtualizer.
These are the following features of QEMU.
- It runs programs for another Linux/BSD target, on any supported architecture.
- There is no restriction for the host OS.
- It allows running operating systems for any machine, on any supported architecture.
- It allows running KVM and Xen virtual machines with near-native performance.
To download QEMU, click here.
Parallels are the fastest, easiest, and most powerful application for running Windows on Mac without rebooting.
These are the following features of Parallels.
- It allows switching between Mac and Windows with a single click.
- It is easy to use.
- It provides information like usage statistics and real-time licensing activities.
- It offers no hassle.
- There are no complex keyboard shortcuts.
- It drags tools to the dock or taskbar for easier access.
To download Parallels, click here.
Virtualization Manager is a virtual machine monitoring and management tool that optimizes performance issues.
These are the following features of Virtualization Manager.
- It provides comprehensive virtualization performance management.
- It provides powerful capacity planning tools.
- It provides predictive recommendations.
- It manages across on-premises, hybrid, and cloud.
- It resolves issues with a single click.
- It reclaims resources back into the virtual pool.
To download Virtualization Manager, click here.
Boot Camp is a virtual machine software that allows switching between macOS and Windows.
These are the following features of Boot Camp.
- It comes with your Mac device, so there is no need to download it externally.
- It can install Windows 7, 8.1, and 10.
- The same keyboard can be used for both Apple and Windows.
- It updates the AMD graphics drivers for Windows Application in Boot Camp.
To download Boot Camp, click here.
Hope this article on Best Virtual Machine software is useful to you , Don’t forget with your friends!